Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Direction of the Class

So far, I'm really enjoying this class. It's sort of difficult for me to pick out weak points because overall I think it's been pretty great. However, I do think I can come up with some suggestions as to make it even better, hopefully.

I think some of the strong points of the class are the blogs, and the system of small and large group discussions. I think they're pretty effective ways of getting everybody thinking about the material in some ways that maybe they hadn't considered when first reading it.

First off, i'm not going to name any names, but I think the class discussion has been dominated by a few people and has not been inclusive enough. This could be the fault of the class at large for not speaking up enough, but whatever the cause of it is, I think we need to establish some sort of system to make sure that everybody's input is being heard by the rest of the class, besides just with the blogs.

I also think that it would be a good idea to analyze more outside sources related to what we're reading. I thought that reading the article about Ward's Stranger translation and the Myth of Sisyphus gave me some helpful insight into some philosophical points related to The Stranger and Albert Camus. It would be really enlightening to get other perspectives on the texts we read.

No comments:

Post a Comment